Wednesday, March 16, 2011

Guitars and Missions

I've got this picture in my mind. Guitars and Missionaries. Synonymous? Maybe. The guitar, in my opinion, is a thing of natural beauty. Finely crafted, played with skillful hands, it projects something heavenly.

Missionaries are like that, especially those who forsake the comforts of this life--saying, no extra clothes, no i-pad, i-phone, i-whatever; taking only what could be put into a suitcase and go live life in another completely different culture to share a message of hope and love and salvation. So, missionaries (like my friends), are a lot like that guitar--a finely crafted instrument playing the sweet strains of another world for another world to hear. To my friends, I say, "Thank you. I can hear what you are playing and thank you for being willing to be played--sometimes to an unappreciative audience--to sacrifice, to love others. That's what love does."

This give me pause. How am I being played?

No comments:

Post a Comment